Last time we saw the alleged next generation iPhone 5 was when 9to5mac got their hands on exclusive pictures. If you thought the pictures where not enough proof then the video embedded below gives an in-depth overview and comparison of the newly leaked proposed next-generation iPhone back casing. The video was created and posted by a third-party electronics parts supplier known as eTradeSupply.
Could this be Apple’s next iPhone? My guess is no. The model might have been a prototype or controlled leak but not the final design since the casing shown in the video has two separate shades which some have said may be for a reason but it isn’t very Apple-like of Apple to actually make this as a final consumer product. In the video the guy mentions a variety of changes between the iPhone 4 and this new iPhone which included:
- Headphone jack is repositioned to the bottom
- Microphone and speaker grills are increased
- The dock connector is much smaller and a different shape than the standard 30-pin connector
- Smaller SIM card slot
- The metal band and backing are one piece
- Vertically enhanced (presumably to make room for an enlarged display)
- Thinner than the current iPhone’s backing
So is it real or fake? Right now it’s really up to you but whatever the case, make sure to stay tuned for complete coverage on Apple’s next iPhone!